About Your Visit - Preparing For Your Visit
During your initial evaluation, you and one of our specialists will review your medical history and help you decide upon a plan of action. Frequently, diagnostic tests are needed to get more information about your specific allergy or asthmatic condition. Most of the tests can be done in our office, allowing you to return to your regular activities in one to two hours. Your tests might include some or all of the following:
The Insight eNO System measures exhaled nitric oxide (eNO), also known as FeNO, which is a well-established indicator of airway inflammation in asthma. The Insight system is a highly accurate device, expressly designed for the physician’s office. It is non-invasive, safe, easy to use, and provides eNO results in less than a minute for better asthma management and care. Nioxx medical solution is a unique biosensor that helps in asthma care by detecting trace amounts of nitric oxide molecules in a single human breath utilizing a proprietary technology.
The addition of eNO or FeNO, to the standard asthma management tools allows a window into the inflammatory process occurring in the airways that can help improve asthma control. Physician office measurement of eNO is a much awaited breakthrough in medical technology that provides physicians with a reliable tool to measure airway inflammation as an adjunct to the current diagnostic measures of asthma management, e.g. lung function. Exhaled nitric oxide has been established as a reliable marker of airway inflammation in asthma for over 10 years. Exhaled nitric has been the central focus of studies establishing its link to optimizing medication and reflecting and predicting asthma control.
Skin Testing: This is usually done on the patient’s back (given the larger skin surface) by our skilled, experienced nursing staff. We use modern, state-of-the-art technology, making these tests virtually painless. Once the allergy is identified, we will review with you all of your treatment options.
Blood Tests: If indicated, we may need to check certain blood work, including a CBC (complete blood count), and IgE Immunocap RAST studies, which measure the specific amount of allergy protein in your blood.
X-Rays: Chest or Sinus X-Rays.
In some cases, it may be necessary to order these radiographic studies. These tests can assist us in diagnosing certain conditions, either due to an allergic/inflammatory condition or infection. We will discuss the results of these studies and help you with any necessary follow-up care.
Like anything else in life, time taken ahead to prepare for your appointment will pay rich dividends and make your visit a fruitful and happy one”.
- Health Insurance Card/Information
- Photo ID or Driver's License
- For minors, a written permission for evaluation and treatment from a parent or legal guardian if one of them is not accompanying the child (However, we do request that the minor be accompanied by the parent or guardian during their initial evaluation.)
- Completed Forms
- Including your 5 page patient questionnaire which includes the following:
- A list of all your medical conditions and current physicians.
- A list of all your medications, including those from other physicians, including vitamins, and herbal products.
- Your drug allergies.
- Also remember to do the following: Wear appropriate dress that makes it easier to do physical examination; please refrain from wearing perfumes or strong scented skin and body care products on the day of appointment in the consideration of other allergy sufferers.
- Any pertinent medical records, including labs, x-rays, previous allergy records.
Secure Patient Appointments and Requests
New & Current Patients >> Try our online request form!Appointments & Questions Form
Please be advised we are happy to complete school forms for your child including a Food Allergy Action Plan and Medication Administration Form. Please forward the completed School Form Request and Food Allergy Action Plan to our office and please allow one week to process your request.
New Patient Downloadable Forms
NOTE: New Patients
If you are a new patient, please download and complete 1, 3, 8 and 7 for adults and 4, 6, 8, 7 and 12 for minors. It is very important that these forms are completely filled out prior to your arrival.
Other Office Forms
All forms open in PDF
- 2. What to Expect During Your Visit (opens in PDF)
- 5. Medications that interfere with testing (opens in PDF)
- 6. Map & Directions to our Main Location (opens in PDF)
- 9. Patient Credit Card Authorization Form (opens in PDF)
- 10. Immunotherapy Consent to Make New Vials Form (opens in PDF)
- 11. Federal Express Shipping Authorization Form (opens in PDF)
Downloadable Form Options
Medical Records Release Forms
If you prefer to download, print and complete the forms. Click on the downloadable PDF below:
- Records Release from another MD (opens in PDF)
- Records Release to another MD (opens in PDF)
- Records Release to (patient) Yourself (opens in PDF)
Your health is our primary goal. Please do not let financial concerns prevent you from getting medical care. Discuss these frankly with us and we will do our best to to help you with all aspects of payment for your care, whether that means working with your carrier or working out an agreeable payment plan with you.
As a service to our patients, we will verify your insurance coverage for allergy services. We will be happy to bill your insurance carrier for your visits, tests, and allergy treatment, if those services are covered by your health plan. To successfully bill on your behalf, we need accurate, complete insurance information from you. Most of it appears on your insurance identification card, but sometimes additional information is needed. Please keep in mind that the contract for payment coverage is really between you and your insurance carrier, often through your employer.
We appreciate and encourage a partial payment at the time of your visit. Depending on your insurance plan, we may request a deposit because most insurance plans will require payment of a deductible or a co payment of the total bill. We are happy to work with you and your insurance company to find out what your insurance will cover and to submit the appropriate claims. Your portion of the bill can be paid with check, American Express, Master Card, and Visa for your convenience.
We are a preferred provider for many of the area's health plans, and a participating Medicare provider. Please call us to check if we are a member of your plan.
Insurances we are contracted with
If you do not see your plan listed please contact our office and ask to speak to someone in the business office.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Principal Life
- Sequoia Physicians Network
- Student Resources
- United Healthcare
- (just to name a few!)